Teaching the Right Brain Child
DVD and Study Guide
Are you working with a Right Brain Child? A right Brian child does not learn easily using traditional left-brain curriculum. They need more VELCRO!
This is a “Teacher Training” DVD. It will show you how to use these Right Brain teaching strategies for Phonics/Reading, Sight Words, Vocabulary, Spelling and Math. It teaches on the responsibilities of the Right Brain and why these methods work so well for children with Auditory Processing Dysfunctions. Have your child watch it with you. Many times parents say their child/teen feels so empowered by watching the DVD because they see how smart they really are!
Who needs Right Brain Strategies?
- Kids with Auditory Processing Problems
- Kids with Attention and Focusing Problems
- Kids with Underdeveloped Memory Strategies
- Kids for whom nothing else is working
Make learning easier for your child this year!! Help your child feel as smart as he/she really is by teaching past their learning block and to their strength!
In this 2-hour training DVD, you will learn effective teaching strategies that cost no money to use, such as:
- No phonics needed! Train your child’s “photographic memory” to take pictures of words.
- Teach the “word storage” technique that Spelling Bee Winners use.
- Use pictures, color, weird and story to make math facts stick!
- Make test taking easier by making math processes (division, feactions, algebra) easy to remember by adding Right Brain methods
- Check out Dianne’s Visual Number Cards, Multiplication Cards and Right Brain Math DVD if you’re looking for more teaching products and instruction for math!
3. Reading Comprehension
- Teach your child how to make a “movie” in his/her head as he reads to dramatically increase reading comprehension.
- Read Dianne’s article “When a Child Doesn’t Remember What He Reads” for more reading comprehension steps.
- Train the brain to store the sound and picture as a unit for easier retrieval.
- Turn an 11-14 year-old “word guesser” into a confident reader. (works with younger children, too)
- Look into Dianne Craft’s Right Brain Phonics Cards and Right Brain Phonics Book to implement this right brain phonics program strategy right away!
- Place the word and picture in a “unit” for the brain to store it easily in long term memory.
- No writing. Makes vocabulary much more fun!
6. Following Directions
- Use for oral and written directions.
7. Study Skills
- Make test-taking easy! (Used by students at Cambridge University)
- Teach how to take “picture notes” for history, science, grammar… or anything!
There are no reviews yet.