The Struggling Learner Seminar
This two-day, in-depth, nine-workshop Teacher Training Seminar was given live before a group of private school, public school and home educators who work with bright, hard-working kids and teens who have to work too hard to learn…the group we call Struggling Learners. The goal is to teach you to (unofficially) “diagnose and correct” blocked learning gates.
You will also receive a flash drive that contains the handouts for each DVD, informal assessments to use with your children and students, and several supplementary articles that will help you better understand the information you are learning.
The Take-Home Value of this Seminar Series
The information given in this two-day seminar will help you:
- Understand the brain research behind learning disabilities (or just learning “glitches”).
- Identify the processing glitches or disabilities a student has (tested or not) using the Four Learning Gates approach.
- Plan a program that will correct these blocked learning gates using the subjects they need to learn.
- Follow a step-by-step, classroom-proven Daily Lesson Plan using these unique teaching tools to remediate reading, spelling, writing, and math for students in grades first through eighth.
- Learn exactly how to teach a student with learning disabilities or learning glitches, such as: DYSLEXIA; DELAYED READING; DYSGRAPHIA; AUDITORY PROCESSING PROBLEMS; MATH DELAYS OR DYSCALCULIA; AUTISM; ASPERGER’S; ADD; and SENSORY PROCESSING ISSUES.
The Nine Workshops in this Video Seminar Series:
- Identifying Your Child’s Processing Problem
- Dysgraphia: When Writing is Painful
- Right Brain Paragraph and Composition Writing (comes with enclosed instructional booklet)
- Right Brain Math (comes with enclosed instructional booklet)
- Training Your Child’s Photographic Memory (for spelling & all subjects)
- Dyslexia and Other Reading Problems
- Kids and Teenagers with Focus/Attention Issues
- Auditory Processing Problems
- Autism, Asperger’s and Sensory Processing Problems.